Thursday, August 16, 2012

MSG-free food at Hong Kong Kitchen

Photo credits to Sir Ram.

This is a seriously delayed post as I have been so busy with work and all but I just need to share an awesome gourmet experience here in our city.

  
 Hong Kong Kitchen, a Chinese restaurant here in Iloilo invited me and a couple of my friends out to try their food at their reopening. And I have to say the food there is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. Sure, I have eaten so much Chinese in my life (given that my family is also a art Chinese) but this restaurant's gotten my taste buds intrigued.


Hong Kong Kitchen has been serving MSG-free meals for a couple of years now and if you were in my shoes you would appreciate MSG-free food. Why? Because the food doesn't taste the same! At each dish you would savor you would feel that the flavor explodes in your mouth in a natural way. 


Duck with Mashed Potato


As I would quote from an anime I would watch when I was young, "There's a spring in my mouth!"

Mark WTH are you doing with your food?!

Science Trivia: (Source MedicineNet.com)
MSG is monosodium glutamate which is an flavor enhancer and a key ingredient for cuisines in China and Japan. MSG is associated with the "Chinese restaurant syndrome" in which symptoms include ehadaches, dizziness, facial pressure, tightness of the jaw, tingling sensations, chest and back pain. High amounts of MSG may result into widening of the arteries. However, some do not believe this and often associate it as an allergic reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment