Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Contact Lenses Review: Crystal Lenses Violet 14.8 mm

Hey! How's everybody been doing? Hope you guys had a great weekend, I sure did since I enjoyed Cosplay Mania 2012 last weekend! :3 My experience will come at another blogpost since this one will be dedicated to one of my hauls (for myself) during the entire convention: 14.8 mm Violet Crystal Lenses!

14.8 mm Crystal Lenses
I bought these babies because I wanted to buy new lenses onsite for my Chitanda cosplay (Day 2 of Cosmania) however, I couldn't find the time to put them on :< Also I originally wanted to buy two lenses (EOS ones violet and red) but it was waaay out of budget so I settled for these (sadly they ran out of red for Crystal Lenses -sigh- oh well). I bought these babies from GWYshop (as I was claiming my Chitanda Sherlock hat from Ate Jayne of Hatah Hatah, they shared a booth by the way) and I absolutely LOVE them. Oh and if you're curious I got them for 300php complete with case and solution, great deal huh?

Closer look of Crystal Lenses
Why do I love them? One, they're more manageable and more vivid than my Berry Lenses. How vivid? Well, when wearing my Berry Lenses I had to make use of flash and lighting to make them visible in pictures (because my eyes are really dark brown so it's hard to make the colors pop with my eyes) but with Crystal Lenses I don't need to abuse flash that much and I can make use of simple lighting to make the color pop out. This is important for those with dark eyes and are desperate for a change in collor. Aside from that I could tell the inside from the outside as the inside seems to have an odd coloration from the fusion of colors near the rim (at the junction of the violet and the black) which is a plus since I sometimes cannot distinguish concaved lenses from convexed lenses.

What I don't like about them. The downside is that the lenses are a bit small (mind you it's 14.8 mm NOT 15mm) so it took me some time of getting used to, even irritating my eyes during first use (so I had to take them out again) but soon after my eyes just got used to it. I also had a bit of discomfort feeling the edges touching my lids but it was only during the first application. I also observed that it moved a lot than my Berry Lenses, making me a bit frightened that I might get another contact-sticking-to-eyelid experience again. So if you can't afford GEO or EOS lenses (which are still number one when it comes to lenses) try Crystal Lenses.

Simple make up and falsies for added omph but nonetheless the lenses were more dominant. Eru Chitanda trial
The review isn't much but hopefully its helpful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment